The Italian Herb Blend is composed of a few different key herbs and is a delicious way to add flavoring to lots of food groups, without the added salt!
Check out the benefits of each herb component.
Flavor Profile: Earthy
- Some of the most interesting health benefits of thyme include its ability to reduce respiratory issues, boost the strength of the immune system, protect against chronic diseases, stimulate blood flow, prevent fungal infections, improve heart health, and relieve stress.
- Helps to fight illness, relieve stress, and stimulate blood flow.
Flavor Profile: Robust and lemony
- Some of the most impressive and important health benefits of oregano include its ability to protect the immune system, prevent the onset of chronic disease, improve digestion, detoxify the body, strengthen the bones, improve heart health, increase energy levels, and even protect against diabetes.
- Improve digestion, increase energy, detoxify the body
Flavor Profile: Piney and sharp
- Boosts your immune system, mood, and concentration
Flavor Profile: Sweet and peppery
Flavor Profile: When raw, garlic has a strong spicy flavor, but upon cooking, the flavor softens and sweetens up a bit.
Garlic is said to decrease blood pressure and reduce the number of common colds by 63%. In addition, garlic contains vitamin b6 and C, as well as fiber and protein. It can improve cholesterol levels, improve longevity, and detoxify the body of heavy metals too!
Protip: For the most healthful benefits, opt for fresh garlic, instead of the pre-bottled and pre-chopped versions.
If you’re at home and have some extra time, try making the Italian herb blend on your own! It’s quite rewarding to make your own seasonings! Try this blend with chicken, fish, pasta dishes, pizza, and vegetables.