It’s the time of year for hearty, comforting meals that the whole family can enjoy! Easy cleanup, plus quick cook times makes these Shrimp Caesar Salad Stuffed Sweet Potatoes a great dinner option for any night of the week. Caesar salad is a simple classic, but that’s what makes it so perfect for this recipe. In this recipe we’re focused on fall, hearty flavors from the sweet potato, but with some lighter additions from the shrimp, chickpeas, and salad.
Sweet Potatoes and Shrimp Caesar salad come together in this healthy, easy, and delicious meal. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Shrimp Caesar Salad Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (serves 2-4)
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed
- 2½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 10 ounces large frozen wild shrimp, thawed
- 1 Caesar salad kit, organic
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- With each sweet potato, use a fork to poke some holes in each, then drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Wrap each in foil and put them in the oven to roast for an hour until they are tender. *Shortcut*: poke holes in each potato and place with no covering on a microwavable plate and microwave for 4-6 minutes or until easily speared with a fork.
- Add the chickpeas, ½ tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Toss to combine, then spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the last tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Combine the shrimp with the remainder of the cayenne pepper in a separate bowl, with salt and pepper to taste. Once the skillet is hot, add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until it is pink on both sides. This will take about 5 minutes.
- For the Caesar salad, combine the greens, parmesan, dressing, and pita chips in a large bowl and toss until it is all mixed well.
- Assemble the sweet potatoes by slitting them down the middle and stuffing with caesar salad. Top them with the cooked shrimp and chickpeas.